Please ensure that you take a moment to read this.
Terms and conditions
Lightstalkers Scotland is the trading name of Glen Campbell Photography .
The following terms and conditions shall apply in respect of all UK and overseas based photographic workshop & tour bookings made through Lightstalkers Scotland and Glen Campbell and will form the basis of your contract with Glen Campbell Photography.
NEW COVID 19 BOOKING CONDITIONS as of August 2021 – until further notice.
- All 2021 bookings and bookings made after 26th August 2021 will have fully flexible deposits and balances up to 30 days prior to start date.
This means should you be unable to travel due to Covid 19 related issues you can use your deposit towards any future session or trip.
Cancellation due to Covid related issues prior to 30 days means any balance paid is refundable less a small admin charge**
Between 30 and 7 days the balance paid ( less any lost costs by Lightstalker’s Scotland ) will be credited to a future trip at the discretion of Glen C Campbell. This only applies if non-participation is a result of Covid travel disruption at the point of departure or arrival.
From 7 days prior to the start date any cancellation by the participant due to inability to travel while the destination is open for travel will render the balance non refundable. This however will be subject to review on a case by case basis.
Please ensure you have adequate insurance in place at time of booking to cover all eventualities and Covid related travel issues and restrictions.
** Refunds may be subject to a small banking / admin fee.
- The safety of all my guests is a priority. Therefore everyone is asked to comply with safety measures to ensure their comfort and safety and that of their fellow participants as a condition of booking.
- For UK based trips you’ll have the option to “tag along” in your own vehicle or travel with myself between locations.
- All future trips will have venues assessed that they comply with current hygiene and safety practices that are in place. These will also be adopted by our group and full consideration will always be given to such safety measures implemented in the region of travel while they apply.
- Minimal contact and interaction with other members of the public has always been my preference as much as practically possible while on location. Seeking out the best locations and maintaining this practice will remain my goal. If you would like more details on any of these measures or other information please don’t hesitate to contact me, thanks.
The conditions points below 1 / 2 / 5 / 6 / 7 are suspended as of 14th September 2020
1. Deposits vary and are non-refundable. Example – a £150 per person ( 4 days Scotland workshop), £200 (week long Scotland Photo Tour) or £250 (Overseas Photo Tour) deposit is required at the time of booking. Deposits should be paid through the website via Paypal. A confirmation email will then be e-mailed to you with trip detail and new participant form to complete. The balance is due 90 days before the start date (you will be notified via email). If the balance does not reach us by the date specified in our confirmation, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled. Please pay the full amount for a one-to-one tuition day. These conditions are suspended as of 14th September 2020
2. If you are booking within 90 days of the start date, you will be requested via email to pay the balance by Pay By Link ( Visa or Mastercard )
3. In accordance with “The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992”, all participants booking with Lightstalkers Scotland are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all money paid to us, arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Glen Campbell Photography, monies being held in a client account until trip completion.
4. Courses will only operate with a minimum of 3 participating photographers. In the event of your course or workshop being cancelled by Glen Campbell Photography for whatever reason, other than non-payment of balance (point 1), your payment will be refunded in full including your deposit. Our liability is limited to the amount of any money you have paid to us. If we cancel your tour we will make every effort to advise you at least three weeks prior to the departure date.
5. If you cancel more than 90 days before the start date, then any money you have paid to us is fully refundable, minus your deposit.
6. If you cancel between 90 and 60 days before the start date you will receive a 75% refund, minus your deposit.
7. If you cancel 59 days or less before the start date there will be no refund, although every attempt will be made to fill your place. If your place is filled for that trip then any money you have paid to us is fully refundable, minus your deposit.
8. Bookings are non-transferable between participants and / or workshops.
9. If you wish to cancel your booking please do so in writing via email, the date received being the date of cancellation.
10. We reserve the right to change the tour itinerary due to altered circumstances and conditions. We will make alternative arrangements as required but no refunds will be given for services that are not utilised as a result.
11. It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in visiting remote areas. All participants must be fully insured for the duration of the tour. Participants are responsible for arranging their own insurance, which must cover at least medical expenses, injury, death and repatriation. It is advisable that you also have cancellation and curtailment as part of your insurance policy. Customers should provide Glen Campbell Photography with evidence of their insurance. In addition you should be insured against loss of or damage to baggage and personal possessions including all your camera equipment.
12. Personal items and baggage remain at all times the responsibility of the participant. In addition responsibility must be accepted for any equipment loaned to you, and you must agree to pay for any loss or damage caused to this equipment while in your care.
13. Glen Campbell Photography does not accept liability for death, bodily injury or illness unless this arises from the negligent act and/or omission of Glen Campbell Photography employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
14. Glen Campbell Photography cannot be held responsible for; the consequences of any delays, expenses incurred or alterations caused by illness, weather, war, terrorism, political events, civil strife, natural disaster, technical difficulties or any event beyond our control.
15. Glen Campbell Photography does not accept responsibility for any loss of valuables, including camera equipment, during a course or workshop.
16. Due to the adventurous nature of some tours, all customers must at all times agree to comply with the decisions taken by the leader of the tour.
17. It is your own responsibility to make international flight arrangements and travel arrangements to trip starting points. Glen Campbell Photography cannot take responsibility for changes or alterations to any flights or any travel delays.
18. Our tours and workshops can involve travel in remote, mountainous regions, where amenities and medical facilities are not readily accessible. Every effort is made to ensure your safety and well being, but bookings are accepted on the understanding that you appreciate the risks and hazards associated with this sort of workshop or tour. Glen Campbell Photography will not accept responsibility for accidents, injury, lack of fitness, carelessness, illness, negligence or lack of punctuality attributable to the customer. If you have any disability or illness, please inform us at the time of booking the tour so advice can be given on the suitability of the trip.
19. We are unable to accept bookings from persons under 18 years old.
20. If you should have a complaint about the tour, it must be made in writing and received by Glen Campbell Photography within fourteen days of the end of the tour.
21. In the unlikely event of any sort of dispute arising, the Law of Scotland shall apply. If the dispute cannot be resolved directly between us within 6 weeks of written intimation of the dispute, both Glen Campbell Photography and our customer shall attempt to settle the dispute by Mediation. A Mediator will be selected with the assistance of the Law Society of Scotland. If the mediation is unsuccessful, the Sheriff Court at Inverness shall have jurisdiction.
22. We will not ask for or keep information about customers, unless agreed by both parties, other than is necessary to process orders, process refunds, and provide information about products and about our events. We will not disseminate personal information about customers to any third party. We will comply with any customer’s request to discard their telephone number, e-mail address and their address by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. For all refunds where the original payment was made through an online processor such as Paypal, or via banking transfers, they will be returned to you, minus any fees that incurred by using the respective online processor.
24. By booking, reading, and agreeing to our terms and conditions at time of booking you are agreeing to be bound by these. The person booking the workshop or tour does so on behalf of all the other individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions
Website usage Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Lightstalkers Scotland’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 1 Ardbreck Place, Lochardil, Inverness, Highland, IV24QQ. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.